According to Lauren Berger, author of Welcome To The Real World, you need to keep in touch with your professional contacts at least three times a year.
Before you start freaking out and saying:
- “What am I going to say to these people?”
- “How am I going to remember to keep in touch?”
- “I’m never going to have time to do this.”
Take a depth breath and listen to my interview with Lauren.
She reveals the system she has created to keep in touch with her professional contacts and how it has made her life easier.
We also cover:
- How she landed a partnership with Ford (she didn’t have a contact or know ANYONE at the company)
- What she learned about being rejected from the Today Show.
- How to create systems at your job so you’re not overwhelmed 24/7.
A Discussion with Lauren Berger, Author of Welcome To The Real World
“Rejection doesn’t mean never. It just means not right now!” – @InternQueen (click to Tweet)
(If you can’t see the audio player, here’s the MP3 link.)
*Spoiler Alert: At the end Lauren mentions that she has a “shit” folder. You’ll never guess what she keeps inside.
If you enjoyed our conversation, you’ll love her new book, Welcome To The Real World. Pick up a copy of Welcome To the Real World on Amazon. (aff)
Leave a comment below and tell me the one thing you learned from Lauren and how you’re going to implement it.
P.S. Tweet the quote under the picture above. Your followers will appreciate it!