Have you ever said to yourself, “I wish I had a network of people I could turn to for career advice and job leads?”
What if I told you that you already have a network of people who are willing to give you career advice. All you have to do is ask them in the right way.
Don’t believe me?
Watch this video I did with the co-founder of 1 Degree Hire Jordie Kern. I reveal eye-opening ideas about how to use your college alumni network on LinkedIn to help you with your job search, which I call The Alumni Networking Solution.
I also reveal:
- Why emailing a complete stranger is no big deal
- How a recent graduate can use LinkedIn to build their network
- How much effort they should put towards building their network
The Power of The Alumni Networking Solution
Now that you know people are ready to give you career advice, it’s time to take action.
Follow this step-by-step guide to networking with Alumni on LinkedIn if you want to find job leads and receive career advice. There is a word-for-word LinkedIn message that you can send to the members in your alumni group on LinkedIn.
When you receive great advice and leads, don’t forget to write a professional thank you note!
Now I want you to do two things:
- Take Action! Email at least 3-5 people from your LinkedIn Alumni group. Don’t wait! A lot of people will read an article and say, “I will do it later. “ I know that you are different and you are serious about building your network.
- Send this article to a young professional who will find this helpful.
I want to hear your success stories! Please email me your results or leave a comment below using what I call The Alumni Networking Solution. John(at)endlessjoboffers(.) com.